Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Audible Audio Books

  Lately I have been traveling across the state of Colorado, from Trinidad to Frisco to Grand Junction. With all of that travel, I can get bored quickly, so an audio book is an excellent investment.
Generally speaking, audio books can be much more expensive than their paper brethren, however the service Audible provides has already saved me a large chunk of cash. For $15 a month I am given a book "credit" to purchase my books with. all of the books on Audible can be purchased with the traditional means of money, however there are instances where a $30 or $40 book is a single book "credit", so with my higher math skills I've just saved at least %50!
The service is compatible with a multitude of devices, either via iTunes, Windows Media Player, or their very own media manager software. The Audible software has allowed me to add all of my audio books to my Zune, and my wife can use the same account for her iPod, and we could even load up the cell phones using the media manager if we so chose. For those of you who have long commutes to work, or if you are just cleaning the house, Audible is a great way to stimulate your brain with literature, and accomplish another task. I hope that you can find as much use out of Audible as I have, and don't forget to post your favorite audio book in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment